I don't know about you, but when we're hosting the gang for the Superbowl, we are either stuck in the kitchen or arm deep cleaning up. This year we decided to make it easy so we could enjoy the Superbowl too!
We went on the hunt for these tried and tested easy CHEESY appetizers and they are a HIT!
Baked Brie Bread
Recipe creators @Delish
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 12-oz. wheel brie, top rind removed
3/4 c. shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Slice off the top quarter of the bread. Place the wheel of brie on top of the bread and use a paring knife to trace around it. Scoop out the inner circle of bread. Brush the olive oil mixture on the inside of the bread. Carefully, cut down around the edges of the bread to create the slices that people will tear after baking.
- Sprinkle with about 1/2 cup mozzarella, place the brie on top, then sprinkle with the rest of the mozzarella. Place the bread top on top of the cheese and bake until the cheese has melted and the bread is toasty, about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Chili Cheese Dip
This three-ingredient, super easy Chili Cheese Dip is the perfect party appetizer! So much flavor in this simply addicting dish!
Author: Liz Fourez
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 10 mins
8 oz cream cheese, softened
15 oz can Hormel chili
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Evenly spread the softened cream cheese into the bottom of an ungreased glass pie pan or other round baking dish. Spread chili over the cream cheese. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes. Check the dip to see if cheese is melted and microwave 1-2 minutes more until cheese is completely melted. Serve with tortilla chips.
To easily softened cold cream cheese: Place cream cheese into the dish and microwave 30 seconds on high.
Homemade Mozzarella Sticks
Author: Fox Valley Foodie
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 1 min
Total time: 11 mins
Calories: 400 kcal
16 oz String Cheese
1 1/2 cups Italian breadcrumbs
2 tbsp Milk
Oil for frying
Marinara for dipping
- Fill skillet with a couple inches of oil and heat to 365 degrees.
- Whisk together milk and egg in a bowl.
- Add breadcrumbs to a separate bowl.
- Dip string cheese in egg, then breadcrumbs, then egg again and breadcrumbs again.
- Deep fry in batches until crust is golden brown, about 1 minute.
- Remove from fryer and let drain on a paper towel, then serve with marinara sauce.
The cheese will melt fast so don't worry about the short fry time. If you over fry it the cheese will be too melted and unruly.
Tip: To prevent the breadcrumbs from getting clumpy in the bowl I don't add the full amount right away. I keep adding fresh crumbs as I'm breading the sticks.
One more thang, we can't stand the half full/empty glasses of wine or beer that have lost their rightful owners! So, make sure your hosting game is strong and hit up these charms here His & Hers Wine Charms. A fab set we created so there would be a wine charm perfect for everyone! Let the lost glass be CLAIMED ;) and the cleanup super easy.
Enjoy the Superbowl folks!