Creative and Fun ways to Celebrate Father's Day
There are a lot of creative and fun ways to celebrate Father's Day this year. Having the perfect Father's Day gift is one of the best ways to show how much you appreciate and love your dad but making memories on Father's Day is more important with the people he loves most. Here are some all-day, family-friendly but memorable activities you can do at home to make your dad feel special.
Prepare and All-Star Brunch for Dad
Start off Father's Day by serving your dad his favorite brunch.
Sheet Pan Sausage and Egg Breakfast Bake Recipe
This Sheet Pan Sausage and Egg Breakfast Bake by Kate Merker is perfect for hungry dads. This one-pan savory breakfast features bacon, eggs, mushrooms, sausages, and tomatoes.
Total prep time: 50 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
What you need:
- 4 uncooked breakfast sausages (6 oz total)
- 4 slices bacon
- 8 oz. small cremini mushrooms, halved or quartered if large
- 16 Campari or cocktail tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 4 large eggs
- ½ c. flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Toast, for serving
How to cook:
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- On a large, rimmed baking sheet, roast bacon, and sausages for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add mushrooms, tomatoes, garlic, oil and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Add to the baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes.
- Make wells among vegetables and crack 1 egg into each space; return baking sheet to oven and roast until meat is cooked and egg whites are opaque throughout for 8 to 10 minutes or more.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with toast if desired.
Plan some Lawn Games, Mini Golf or a Family Workout
Do some activities that your dad loves most. If he loves to workout, plan a family workout in your living room or backyard. You can also plan some lawn games for the whole family to enjoy like cornhole, croquet or horseshoes. Mini golf is also fun for the whole family.
Summer Pool Time
Father's Day happens to be the first day of summer. So, it's fun to make a splash at the pool the whole afternoon with some refreshing drinks and snacks with the entire family.
Backyard BBQ Night
Father's Day is best celebrated with good food and with the people you love most. Fire up the grill and cook a delightful meal for everyone to enjoy. Prepare a bottle of his favorite wine or beer, a platter of cheese, nuts and fruits, some grilled veggies, burgers and steak.
Camping in your backyard is fun and you can even light a small campfire, gather around, and roast some marshmallows while telling some scary stories. Doing it all together with your family is more memorable even when you are just doing it in your own backyard.
Get Dad a Cool and Unique Father's Day Gift
If you haven't decided yet on what to give this Father's Day to your cool dad, here are The Best Father's Day Gifts to the Cool Dads. Get him a cool and unique Father's Day gift that he can use.
Just like our moms, our dads deserve love and care too. Plan something special for your dad this Father's Day and celebrate it at home with the best people in the world, his family. Just bring the entire family together for a whole day of memorable and fun-filled activities.
Happy Father's Day!
- Tags: Best Father's Day Gifts Celebrate Father's Day Cool Dads Creative and Fun ways to Celebrate Father's Day Dads Father Father's Day Father's Day gift Fun ways to Celebrate Father's Day glass charms Happy Father's Day magnetic wine glass charms make your dad feel special perfect Father's Day gift The Best Father's Day Gifts to the Cool Dads wine wine charms
- Leann Pignone