Easy Drinks to Make When “Glamping”
Nothing compares to the joy of cooking food over an open fire, enjoying some cocktails or hot drinks, and having some fun outdoors beside the warm glow of a campfire with your family this summer. Just add a little charm to your summer adventures this year and go glamping!
Here are some delightful hot and cold drinks to sip by the fire even at home (in your backyard) and a breakfast burrito recipe.
Classic Hot Chocolate
Yield: 10-15 cups
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup powdered dairy milk or soy milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- A pinch of salt
Here's how to make it:
- Prepare all the ingredients while at home. Sift all ingredients and keep in an airtight container. Use dark chocolate chips if you want to have an extra rich hot chocolate. Just substitute half of the cocoa powder. You can adjust the amount of sugar depending on how sweet you want your chocolate.
- At the campsite, heat the water and add 2-3 tablespoons of the chocolate mix to it, and stir.
- You can add a pinch of cinnamon, chili flakes, coffee, Nutella, marshmallows, or some vanilla extract. To add a boozy kick, add a shot of Baily’s, dark rum, or peppermint schnapps.
Camping Pumpkin Spice Latte
Yield: 1 latte
- 2 tsp. instant coffee
- 2 tsp. powdered dairy milk or soy milk
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch allspice
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin puree (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- At home, mix all the dry ingredients except the pumpkin puree and store it in an airtight container.
- At the campsite, heat the water and add the dry mix, the pumpkin puree and stir.
Moscow Mule Cocktail
Yield: 1 cocktail
- 1 ½ oz. vodka
- ½ oz. Lime juice
- 1 cup ice
- ½ cup ginger beer
- 1 Lime wedges for garnish
Here's how to prepare:
- Pour vodka and lime juice into a mug with ice cubes.
- Top it off with ginger beer, and stir.
- Drop a lime wedge into the mug for garnish.
Tequila Sunrise Cocktail
Yield: 1 cocktail
- 2 oz. tequila, 80 proof
- 4 oz. Orange juice
- 2 ½ cups ice
- ¾ oz. Grenadine Syrup
Here's how to prepare it:
- Fill margarita glass rimmed with 1 1/2 cups ice and set aside.
- In a cocktail mixing glass with a 1 cup of ice, pour tequila and orange juice, and stir. Strain mixture into the prepared margarita glass. Pour in grenadine slowly and let settle.
- Stir before drinking.
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup drained, rinsed canned black beans (low-sodium)
- ¼ tsp. chili flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 whole eggs and 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 pcs. Burrito size whole wheat tortillas (10 inches)
- ¼ cup reduced fat-free sour cream or 2 percent plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup of salsa
- 1 large diced tomato (seeded)
- 1 small cubed avocado
- Hot sauce
How to prepare it:
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the canola oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and peppers and cook for 8 minutes until onions are softened and peppers are faintly charred. Add the black beans and red pepper flakes and let it simmer for another 3 minutes until warmed through. Season with salt and pepper, stir, and transfer to a dish.
- In a large bowl, whip the whole eggs, egg whites, and then mix in the cheese. Spray the skillet with a cooking spray, heat the skillet over low heat. Add the egg mixture, scramble for 3 minutes until cooked through.
- Prepare the tortillas, spread each with 1 tablespoon of sour cream or yogurt and salsa, then layer with ¼ of the black bean mixture, ¼ of the scrambled eggs, some diced tomato and ¼ of the cubed avocado. Season with hot sauce.
- Roll up burrito-style and serve.
Take your camping adventure to the next level with these sassy glamping drink recipes and a breakfast burritos recipe. Enjoy your summer drinks more with these Camping Wine Glass Charms. They are also fun to take on picnic or day hikes and perfect for your camping mugs. So start your glamping cocktail party with these delicious recipes and best wine charms.