Fun Autumn Adventure Ideas for Family
It's soon to be FALL...the best season of the year! As the season change, there are endless cozy autumn adventure ideas for the entire family to make the season memorable despite COVID-19.
Here are fun autumn adventure ideas that you can do with your family even at home.
Cuddle and Tell Ghost Stories at Home
Gather your family in the living room, turn off the lights, light up some candles, and tell spooky stories to the kids. You can gather some scary storybooks/eBooks online. You can have some hot cocoa and cookies afterward.
Go Camping and Stargazing
Fall is the perfect time to go camping with your family. Cooler weather means fewer bugs and fewer people go camping. You can go camping to nearby parks or camping grounds or even in your backyard. You can do some stargazing and gather around a bonfire have some hot cocoa and marshmallows and cook some hotdogs.
Fly a Kite
Take the kids out to the local park or an open field to fly a kite. Take advantage of the cool weather and brisk fall wind.
Bake a Fall-Inspired Treat with the Kids
Bake some homemade treats with the kids. Check out this pumpkin hand pies recipe.
Pumpkin Hand Pies Recipe
Total Prep Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 10 servings
For the filling:
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. pumpkin spice
For the pies:
- 1 box refrigerated pie crust
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp. turbinado sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, beat 1 egg. Add pumpkin puree, sugar and pumpkin spice; mix. Refrigerate mixture until ready to use.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll the boxed pie crust. For the homemade crust, the dough should be 1/8-1/4 inch thick. Cut into circles and re-roll the scraps until all the dough has been used.
- Place a spoonful of pumpkin mixture on each pie crust disc with a 1/3-inch border around the disc and fold the circle in half. Moist the edges with egg wash, seal by pinching with fingers or crimping with a fork.
- In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar. Brush pies with egg wash or beaten egg, then sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Cut a small slit on the top of the pie with a knife or fork. Place the pies on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Rake Leaves with the Kids
Raking some leaves with the kids is a great way to have some fun outdoors.
Watch some Halloween Movies
Introduce some classic Halloween movies to your kids. they will surely enjoy watching with some popcorns.
Go for a Walk
Turn off all your gadgets and let the kids enjoy the beautiful season. Go for a walk in the park and watch the beautiful colors of the leaves.
Go for a Hayride
Go to the nearest farm and let the kids experience a hayride. You can all sit back and relax and just enjoy the good weather.
Collect some Pinecones and Create Pretty Decor
Let your kids learn some DIY fall decorations out of pinecones. These natural beauties can be turned into beautiful fall centerpieces.
Go Apple Picking
Look for a nearby orchard and bring the kids for apple picking. You can bake an apple pie when you get home for dinner.
Don't let autumn slip away without doing a few of these fall adventure ideas for family. Make your Thanksgiving dinner more epic with these Thanksgiving Wine Glass Charms. They are the best wine charms to make your drinks more unique! Adorable turkeys, pumpkins, sunflower, and acorn will surely delight your entire family and friends.
- Tags: autumn Autumn Adventure Autumn Adventure Ideas Autumn Adventure Ideas for Family best wine charms fall Fall Adventures Fun Autumn Adventure Ideas Fun Autumn Adventure Ideas for Family Magnetic Wine Charms Simply Charmed Thanksgiving glass wine charms wine wine charm wine charms wine glass wine glass charms
- Leann Pignone