St. Patrick's Day celebration is a tradition and one of the most festive parties of the year whether you're Irish or not. If you'll be attending a parade or throwing a party, you'll need some green drinks for the occasion.
Maybe some lucky charms shots, Irish-inspired green cocktails or some alcohol-free green smoothies to avoid dreadful hangovers in the morning? To get your Irish-themed shindig started, here are some festive green drinks recipes to fit your taste!
Green Goddess Smoothie
You can still stay healthy while celebrating St. Patty's Day. You can still get your daily dose of nutrient-rich fruit and veggies with this smoothie. Here’s a great recipe from Good House Keeping.
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1⁄2 cup honey yogurt
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 2 bananas, sliced and frozen
How to mix it:
- In a blender, put all the ingredients and blend.
- Pour in a glass and serve.
Jameson Jello Shots
Who doesn't love green jello shots? These handcrafted, square green jello shots are a great addition to your St. Patrick's Day bar. Check out this great recipe from Eden of Sugar and Charm.
Total Prep time: 3 hours and 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, packed
- 1/2 cup + 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 drops green food coloring
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup Jameson Irish Whiskey
- Fresh additional mint leaves for garnish
- In a small dish, put fresh mint leaves. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar. Press down on the leaves and twist with a muddle stick or a wooden spoon. Repeat the process for more than a few times until the mint leaves release oil and smell minty. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, pour the water and lime juice. Sprinkle gelatin powder over the water; whip to combine and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- In a pan, add 1/2 cup of sugar and the mixed up mint leaves. Whisk to combine. Cook mixture over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, whipping gently until mixture is hot and the sugar and gelatin are dissolved. Remove from heat and let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Strain the liquid to remove the mint leaves. Return liquid to the pan, add the whiskey and the green dye.
- Spray silicone molds using cooking spray to allow easy release after gelatin is set. Wipe the excess spray from the molds. Carefully pour the liquid into the molds.
- Chill for at least 3 hours, until fully set.
- Remove from molds and place on tray or small appetizer plates. Garnish with mint leaves or edible gold stars!
Irish Frog Shooter
This fun layered shot of two liqueurs is a tasty little drink that will keep you coming back for more rounds. Check out this easy to mix Irish frog recipe from Colleen Graham.
Total prep time: minutes
- 3/4 ounce melon liqueur (Midori; chilled)
- 3/4 ounce Irish cream liqueur (chilled)
- Steps to Make It
- Gather the ingredients.
How to Mix it:
- Into a shot glass, pour the Midori melon liqueur. Fill it halfway.
- Float the Irish cream on top: Hold a bar spoon upside down over the drink and slowly pour the Irish cream over it by moving the spoon up as the glass fills.
- Serve and enjoy!
Paleo Shamrock Shake
This Paleo Shamrock Shake recipe by Lisa of Cook Eat Paleo is inspired by McDonald's famous Shamrock shake but way healthier.
Total Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup ice
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1 large handful of fresh mint leaves to taste
- Stevia, local raw honey, or maple syrup to taste
In a blender, add all ingredients and blend until smooth.
For keto/low carb: use stevia for sweetener
For vegan: use maple syrup for sweetener
Spicy BLT Green Bloody Marys
This Green Blood Mary recipe by Heather Christo is perfect for St. Patty's Day celebration. This is a bit healthy, spicy and boozy cocktail!
Total Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 4 cups green tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of parsley
- ½ cup English cucumber chunks
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 jalapeno, quartered
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- 8 ounces of vodka
- Kosher salt to taste
- For Garnish:
- 4 romaine lettuce leaf hearts
- 4 strips crispy bacon
- Cherry tomatoes
- Lemon wedges
- In a blender, add the green tomatoes, vinegar, parsley, cucumber chunks, lime juice, Worcestershire and jalapeno. Blend on high until very smooth.
- Mix in the horseradish and the vodka. Season to taste with kosher salt.
- Into 4 glass, fill with ice cubes.
- Pour over ice and garnish with Romaine lettuce leaf hearts, crispy strips of bacon, cherry tomatoes, and lemon wedges.
Charm your glasses at your St. Patrick's Day party with these Irish Wine Charms. SHENANIGANS, these best wine charms for St. Patty's Day will have everyone in your party feeling IRISH and lucky for a day and it will make your glasses more festive as you raise them for toasts and yell Slainte!
Whether you're throwing your Irish-themed party or joining the parade, you'll need some fun green drinks in your hands for a celebratory holiday like this! And for some food to go with those green drinks try these Irish-inspired food recipes that your guests will surely love! Get the party started! Mix up some of these drinks and spread the Irish cheer, Erin go Bragh!