I don't like Sangria, said no one EVER! Sangria is super fun to drink since it has arguably one of the best ingredients in the world, wine!
Sangria is an alcoholic-fruity Spanish beverage and popular in Europe. It is consists of chopped fruit, wine, and other ingredients, steeped, chilled and served. Sangria is derived from the Spanish word sangre, which means blood, (scary, but DELISH) referring to the reddish hue of the beverage when mixed with red wine. There are two types of Sangria, the red and white or sometimes called as Sangria Blanco or sangria Rojo or Rosso. However, the classic Sangria variation is a combination of juicy red wine like Rioja and mixed with sliced fresh fruits such as apples, melons, berries, peaches, pears, and other local fruits.
For wine lovers, here's a great recipe to get into the sangria groove.
Red Sangria Recipe
Yields: 6-8 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Here's what you need:
- 1 bottle of red wine (750-mL.)
- 1 can seltzer (12-oz.)
- 1/2 c. brandy
- 1 c. orange juice
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 c. blueberries
- 1 c. strawberries, sliced
Here's how to prepare it:
- In a large pitcher or decanter, mix wine, seltzer, brandy, orange juice, and sugar.
- Add in fresh apples, oranges, blueberries, and strawberries.
- Chill and serve.
A more festive and fun way to serve your cocktail drink is to add Flamingo Beach Wine Charms on your wine glasses.
If you need a delicious cocktail drink for your next get-together, Sangria is a feel-good fruity beverage. It’s one of life's greatest pleasures (what isn't when it has wine?) and tastes even better when enjoyed with your BFFs. Whatever wine you choose for your Sangria, this versatile fruity cocktail is perfect for spring and summer.
- Tags: alcoholic-fruity Spanish beverage Cocktail cocktail recipes drinkspiration easy cocktail recipe Flamingo Beach Wine Charms glass markers party idea party tips Red Sangria Red Sangria cocktail Red Sangria Recipe Sangria Sangria cocktail Sangria Recipe Simply Charmed summer summer cocktail summer cocktails wine wine charm wine charms wine glass wine glass charms wine glass markers wine glasses wine lovers wine tips
- Leann Pignone