Just because it is summer doesn’t mean you have to supress your cravings for sweet and intoxicating drinks! This drunken Irish coffee recipe is a perfect drink to have at any party. It is rich without being overly sweet, making them a perfect ending to a sumptuous meal.
This is a family recipe that we would like to share with you because we consider you… well… like family! My husband has fond memories of having this at family gatherings and when I had my first sip, I understand where all the nostalgia comes from! It is reminiscent of a rich cup of coffee with just the right amount of kick that will remind you of good times.
If you want to know how to do this incredibly easy and delicious drink, keep on reading! Make sure to make it extra special by using our incredibly fun glassware markers. Simply Charmed glassware markers are made to make celebrations extra special. Check out our collection here.
Here is how you make it:
- Warm up your glass and set them aside.
- Pour a jigger of Irish whiskey (we recommend you use Jamieson).
- Mix in 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Fill the glass with hot black coffee until the brim.
- Stir until everything is well incorporated.
- Now you can top it off with whipped cream.
It is important to not stir after adding the whipped cream! This will take away from the experience of tasting levels of flavor. Make sure to enjoy in moderation and have fun!